- 2 large eggplants
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and grated on part of the grater
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yogurt strained
- Wash the eggplants, cut the stalk and engrave both sides from top to bottom without driving the knife too deep.
- Salt them, wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them in oven at 200 oC for 45′-60 ‘
- Peel them and mash them with a fork and place it in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except the yogurt and mix well. (we can do it in blender but be careful not to make the mixture creamy)
- Finally add the yogurt and stir with a fork.
We put the yoghurt so that the mixture doesn’t have a dark colour. Don’t add yoghurt if you don’t want to.