- 1/2kgr vine leaves
- 1/2kgr rice (Carolina)
- 10 green onions
- 2 onions, chopped
- Dill (chopped)
- Mint (chopped)
- 1.5 cup olive oil
- Salt, Pepper
Stuffed vine leaves with rice
- In a saucepan put enough water and when it starts to boil add the vine leaves and let it boil for 3 minutes and let it dry.
- In a saucepan put 1 cup of olive oil and saute green onions, onions, rice, dill, mint, salt and pepper, stir and add 1/2 cup water.
- Βoil rice for 10 minutes and let it get cool.
- At the bottom of a pot put some vine leaves (not to stick the stuffed vine leaves).
- On each vine leaf add mixture (using a teaspoon) and wrap it carefully.
- Place the wrapped vine leaves round in a pot.
- Add 2 cups hot water over stuffed vine leaves and put a heavy plate so they not fall apart.
- Simmer food for 50 minutes (until rice is cooked).
- If necessary add a little water.