- 1/2 pound green beans Canaria
- 1 large onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, grated
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- Wash the beans a lot of times in fresh water and leave them for 2′-3′ in water to let any soil and allow to dry.
- Lay them in a clean cotton towel to dry.
- Peel the beans around or just remove the fiber if they are big. If it is too tenderly they don’t need cleaning.
- Saute onion in olive oil and add the beans to saute slightly and fuming.
- Add the half garlic, tomatoes, sugar and let them steam together with a closed lid of the pot for 10′ over low heat.
- Add the tomato paste diluted in 1/2 cup warm water and add salt and pepper.
- Cook our food over low heat for about half an hour until you see oil in the food.
- Otherwise, leave for 2′-3′ more with open lid to leave all the liquid.
- In the last few minutes, add the remaining garlic.
- Accompanied by strained yogurt and feta cheese.
1. Because young children, like little pieces to eat, cut your beans into pieces 2cm-3cm in length, and they will eat it more pleasant. You can also put slices and carrots to make it more appealing dish for them.
2. Usually this food avoid parsley, because its strong flavor covers the taste of the beens.
3. The garlic in the last minutes gave them special flavor. source: http://gasteroplix.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post_26.html