- 220gr. butter or margarine
- 250g. all-purpose flour
- 250g. feta cheese
- 100g. mizithra
- 150g. grated Crete Gruyere
- 2 egg whites slightly beaten
- The butter should be cold. Rub it with flour to make a mixture like frumenty.
- Rub inside the flour the grated cheese and press lightly the dough for a few minutes.
- Gather the dough with the hands and put it through a membrane, and leave in refrigerator for 2h-3h.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, then mold two sticks with it and cut washers 0.5cm thick.
- Spread waxed paper to the plate in your oven, spread washers on it and brush the surface with a lightly beaten egg whites.
- Sprinkle some of them with sesame, other with dry mint, red sweet pepper or hot, dry onion and other herbs and spices of your choice.
- Bake at 200oC for 10′ to brown slightly.
Great snack for kids.
Remove 80gr cheese and add ham or bacon into small cubes.
Since you spread with egg white, sprinkle with dry onion and pepper washers.
Ideal for a party, accompany with cold beer.