- for 18-20 balls
- 500 gr. tight tomatoes (preferably Santorini)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 fresh onions, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 5-6 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda powder
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive oil for frying
Tomatoballs from Santorini
- Grate the tomatoes to grater in thick part.
- Mix all vegetables together, add the tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Sieve the flour with the baking soda in a bowl and add gradually the tomatoes to mixture.
- Stir until you have a thick batter.
- Pour olive oil to burn. Get a full spoon of batter and pour into the oil.
- Fry on both sides until golden.
- Put them on absorbent kitchen paper to drain the “unnecessary” oil and serve as long as they are hot.
- Try them served with accompanying Htipiti Macedonias. You will love the combination!