- 500 gr. pastry sheet
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup drained yogurt
- 1 cup oil (cotton seed oil or sunflower seed oil or corn oil)
- 1 tablespoon margarine with butter flavor
- 1 vanilla
- 1 teaspoon crushed mastic
- 1 sachet baking powder
- zest of 2 oranges
ingredients for the syrup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Beat all the ingredients of the mixture together and at last add the zest from two oranges.
- Transfer the mixture into an oblong Pyrex which is calculated to fit in the width and butter it.
- Roll the sheet, the strain along.
- Dip them (one by one) in the wet mixture thoroughly.
- Put the sheet in the pan pissed and continue until you run out of sheets.
- Sprinkle the sheets into the pan with the mixture that has left.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180oC until golden brown surface.
- Leave pie to cool very well.
- Put all the ingredients to a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot syrup into the pyrex.
- Leave to cool and serve the Orange pie.