Stuffed zucchini flower with rice
- 50-60 zucchini flower
- 400gr rice carolina (washed)
- 10 fresh onions with leaves (chopped)
- 3 large dry onions (grated)
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 1 bunch dill (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch mint (chopped) or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 medium zucchini (grated)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tomato (grated)
- 1 cup tomato juice (for baking)
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
TIP: Serve them hot or cold, with strained yogurt or feta cheese.
- Peel the zucchini flower removing the green part from outside and remove the stamens from the inside because it is bitter and wash well.
- Prepare the filling: In a bowl put all ingredients and half olive oil and mix well.
- Take a flower and fill with the mixture so that it can be crosswise closed the leaves inward.
- Place them on a greased baking pan, one next to another.
- When you are done pour with the tomato juice the remaining oil and little water.
- Cover with foil and make some holes on top.
- Bake at 180oC-200oC for about 1,5h and just before baking completed, remove the foil to get color.