- 6 pastry sheets
- icing sugar
- cinnamon powder
- 2-3 tbs melted butter for greasing the sheets
Ingredients for bougatsa’s sweet cream
- 500ml milk
- 1/3 cup of fine and coarse semolina
- 1/3 cup sugar (if you want cream to be more sweet or you are going to eat the pie without icing sugar, add 2-4 tsp more sugar)
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Vanilla or grated orange or grated lemon
- Heat in low heat the milk.
- Add like a rain the semolina and stirring constantly.
- Add the sugar, let boil, stirring constantly, and before the cream thickens rRemove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly, add the beaten eggs, stir, and when it is cool enough you can make the pie.
- Butter a baking pan equal to the width of the sheets.
- Lay the 4 sheets greasing each one and ensuring that protrude from it so that if folded inwards can cover the filling.
- Pour the sweet cream on the top of the sheets into the pan and fold the sheets that protrude inwards slightly greasing each sheet.
- On the top add the two remaining sheets, forcing with the oiled brush to get in the side of the bougatsa.
- Bake at 160 C, about 30′-45 ‘, depending on your oven, until golden sheets.