- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup milk
- 300 gr. raising flour
- zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon mastic (crushed)
- 1 shot cointreau
For the syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 orange peel
- some cointreau
- 4-5 tablespoons almond kernel
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- little crushed mastic
- Beat butter with sugar to get white and distend.
- Add eggs one by one, the mastic zest and cointreau.
- Mix the milk with the orange juice and add to mixture alternately with the flour until it becomes a mush viscid.
- Butter an oblong form and put the cake to bake in preheated oven 180oC in air for almost an 1h.
- Prepare syrup
- Add all ingredients in a pot.
- Leave it to boil and remove it from heat to cool.
- Once the cake let it cool a bit and then overturn in a platter.
- Pour the syrup that has cooled.
- Make an mixture with the almond kernel, the icing sugar and crushed mastic and sprinkle the cake.