- 1 chicken (cut into portions)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 2-3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1.5kgr okra
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup wine (white or red)
- salt and pepper
TIP: You can combine with feta cheese! It’s delicious!
- Prepare the okra:
- Wash the okra and dry them with a clean towel.
- Then clean the stem conically.
- Spread them in a wide pan, sprinkle with vinegar and let them in the sun for 1h stirring them 2-3 times.
- Wash the chicken, cut into portions and remove the skin.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan to heat and saute the chicken from all the sides.
- Add the onion and stir. Add wine and stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and cover the pot with lid and cook for a 15′-20′.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and leave it on a platter.
- Add the okra and stir gently until mixing with the sauce and starts boiling and cook for 2′.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the content (okra sauce) in a pan.
- Add chicken on top, cover with foil and cook at 200oC for 45′.