Liastes domates (sundried tomatoes)
- small oval tomatoes
- coarse salt
- olive oil
- oregano, thyme, garlic (optional)
TIP: You can use them when you are cooking, whole or cut into pieces. They give a special flavor to the food!
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in the middle.
- Spread them in a wide pan and sprinkle coarse salt on the top .
- Cover with tulle and leave them in the sun for about 5-6 days (they do not have to dry completely but they must have some flesh).
- Clean with your hands the superfluous salt (if they have) and place them in a glass jar.
- Fill with olive oil and herbs (if you want).
- Close the jar well and keep it in the refrigerator.