Taramosalata (fish roe salad)
- 1 tablespoon fish roe (red or white)
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 medium onion
- 1.5-2 lemons (juice)
- olive oil
- Wet the bread and squeeze it well.
- Put in a blender the onion and mash it. Remove from the blender and squeeze to leave its liquids.
- Put in a blender the onion, the fish roe, bread and beat to make a uniform mixture.
- Gradually add some olive oil and lemon juice and continue beating.
- Test the taste and if necessary, add some more bread or olive oil or lemon juice depending on your taste.