Giant beans with sausage in the oven
- 1/2kgr giant beans
- 1/2 bunch celery (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 large dry onions (chopped)
- 3-4 carrots (sliced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tomatoes (grated)
- 10 thick slices sausage
- Salt and pepper
TIP: Serve with feta cheese.
- In a bowl add water, a medium tablespoon of salt, the giant beans and leave overnight to rise (12h).
- Wash well the giants and put them in a saucepan with enough water and let boil for 10′.
- Pour the water, add hot water to saucepan and boil again the giants until softened a bit.
- Add the celery, parsley, onion, carrots, olive oil and pepper and continue cooking.
- If necessary add water.
- Shortly before the end of cooking add the tomato and salt and let it cook until juice evaporates.
- In a pan, add the sausage pieces (scattered) and add between them the giants.
- Place the pan in moderate oven for a while to catch up crust on the top and the sausage be cooked (20′-30′).