- 1.5kgr leeks (use also as leaves are tender) washed and chopped
- 600gr feta chesse (sliced by hand into chunks)
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- A package of sheet for pies
- salt (optional)
- In a large bowl add the leeks with some salt and rub softened. If they make broth, discard it.
- In a clean bowl, add the leeks, the eggs, half olive oil, pepper and salt if necessary (because feta cheese is usually salty, it might not be needed) and mix well.
- Grease a pan, spread half of the sheets from the package greasing one by one.
- Grate with your hand half of the feta cheese over the sheets, add the mixture with leeks and add the remaining feta cheese into pieces again.
- Turning inwards the sheets and cover with the remaining sheets, lightly greased, and not to protrude from the tray.
- Add a little olive oil on top and sprinkle with a little water.
- Bake in α preheated oven 180oC-200oC for 1h-1.5h until golden brown.
- If you want in the end you can turn the pie upside down to turn the oil and not over dry the top sheet.
- Let it cool to be cut because if you try to cut it as it is warm it will will dissolve.