Fassolada (Greek bean soup)
- 500gr medium beans
- 2-3 carrots cut in washers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 celery stalks (cut into pieces or whole if you want to remove at the end)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, pureed
- salt, pepper
TIP: Serve with feta cheese.
- In a large bowl, add hot water with some salt and add and leave the beans for 12 hours to rise.
- Drain beans and place in a pressure cooker with carrots, onion, celery, olive oil, tomatoes, parsley and 3-4 cups water.
- Close the pressure cooker and let the ingredients boil for about 20′ (time is proportional to the pressure cooker, so cook as you usually cook legumes).
- When cooking time finished, let the pressure cooker to cool, open it, add some salt if needed and pepper and put it again to the heat to boil for 10′ so the broth thickens.