INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH
- 3/4 kgr all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of tea olive oil
- water (as much as needed to make a soft dough)
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAM
- 1lt milk
- 120gr fine semolina
- 250gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- orange zest
- lemon zest
- 150gr margarine
TIP: You can also make individual rolls of galatopita.
- Prepare the dough.
- Knead all the ingredients for the dough and leave for 30′ about to rest.
- Prepare the cream.
- In a saucepan add the milk, the semolina, the sugar, the eggs (lightly beaten), the orange zest, the lemon zest and the margarine, and boil until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Leave the cream to cool slightly.
- Make 5 sheets from the dough and add the 3 sheets into the baking pan greasing with olive oil between.
- Add the cream in the baking pan, and sprinkle with cinnamon (powder).
- Add the remaining sheets in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the pie with a little water and bake at 180oC for 45 minutes or so.
- When baking finished, sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon (powder) on top.