- 200gr butter or margarine
- 300gr sugar
- 6 eggs (use the 4 whole eggs and from the other 2 only the egg whites. That 2 yolks you will use them to cover the cookies before baking them)
- 1kgr all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- an orange zest
- 100gr milk (lukewarm)
- 30gr ammonia (culinary)
TIP: The yolks that you use on spreading, you can dilute with some water.
- Beat with electric mixer the butter with the sugar until it whitens and swells.
- Add one by one the 4 eggs, 2 egg whites and whisk gently.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour and add the orange zest and baking powder.
- Dissolve ammonia in warm milk, stirring well and quickly so that it inflates.
- Continue beating with the mixer adding flour and milk alternately until they finish.
- At the end knead by hand until the dough becomes soft and not to stick on your hands. (it may take some more flour)
- Mold in any shape you want, place them on an unsticking paper on a baking tray, spread with the egg yolks we have kept an the cookies and bake in moderate oven for 20 minutes.