Christmas log (Christmas roll)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BISCUIT
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 90gr sugar
- 60gr all purpose flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
TIP: You can spread a chocolate cream outside and make it look like a wood or icing sugar if you like a snow effect…
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar into the egg whites and the remaining sugar into the egg yolks.
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar until they get a white color.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar at low speed (not to rise), until they become a stiff meringue.
- We take the half meringue add it into the yolk mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Slowly add the flour and stir.
- Add the remaining meringue and mix very gently.
- Spread this mixture on a baking paper (1cm thickness) and bake in preheated oven at 170oC for 15 minutes until they get a golden color.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Turn it upside down on another baking paper and remove the first baking paper and let it cool.
- Prepare the pastry cream and let it cool too.
- When both ingredients are cool, spread the pastry cream on the biscuit (0.5cm thickness) and then roll it.
- Place on a platter and decorate as you wish.