- 1kgr cod (salted)
- 1 can of beer
- all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cloves garlic
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 cup water (prefer the broth of the potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Put for almost 24 hours cod in enough water to leave the salt (change the water about 3 times).
- Prepare the potato-garlic puree:
- Peel and boil potatoes in salted water.
- Mash the garlic.
- Puree the potatoes in the blender and add some of the potato broth and stir until it gets a smooth texture.
- Pour the mashed potatoes into a large bowl, add the mashed garlic and stir.
- Add the olive oil and the lemon juice and stir.
- Prepare the batter:
- In a bowl, add the beer, the baking powder, some salt (if needed), stir the mixture and slowly add the flour until you make a firm batter.
- Remove the skin of cod and cut into chunks.
- In a pan put enough oil to heat up.
- Take a piece of cod, pass it from the batter and fry until it gets a golden color on all sides.
- Place the fried pieces of cod in a kitchen paper to remove the excess oil and serve.
Also on March 25 we celebrate the Annunciation of Virgin Mary. That day, the Archangel Gabriel brought to Virgin Mary the pleasant news that through her will incarnated the Son of God! The Annunciation of Virgin Mary is among the biggest festivals of the Church. The Church allows this day eating fish. The day is holiday and according to the tradition, that day neither the swallows do not build their nests.