Xoirino frikase (pork fricassee)
- 1kgr boneless pork
- 5 green onions
- 2 dry onions
- 3 large lettuce
- 1/2 bunch celery
- 3 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash the pork and cut into portions and strain.
- Wash the lettuce and cut into large pieces (about 3cm).
- Boil lettuce pieces for 5 minutes and strain.
- Wash vegetables and chop finely.
- In a saucepan add olive oil and saute the onions slightly.
- Add the pork and cook for a while.
- Add the salt, the pepper, and the water, cover the saucepan and cook (add extra water if needed and let boil until the meat to become soft).
- When the pork is almost ready add the lettuce, celery and parsley and cook for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the avgolemono sauce and serve.