Kokoras krasatos me hodra makaronia (Rooster in wine sauce served with spaghetti)
- 1 rooster in portions
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 glass of wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4-5 spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 500gr tomato juice
- 3 fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package spaghetti N.5
- grated mizithra cheese for serving
TIP: If you don’t have mizithra cheese, just use any salty dry cheese.
- In a sauce pan pour the olive oil and saute the portions of rooster.
- Add garlic and onion and stir.
- Add the wine, stir and wait until alcohol evaporates.
- Then add all remaining ingredients (except from the pasta) and stir.
- Cover the sauce pan and let the food simmer for 1 hour until the sauce thickens.
- In another sause pan, boil the spaghetti.
- In a plate, add some spaghetti, 1 postion of rooster, some sause and on top add grated mizithra cheese.