Octopus with penne in the oven
- 1kgr octopus
- 500gr penne (or macaroni)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 500gr tomato juice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tea cup dry white wine
- 1 cup olive oil
- oregano, salt, pepper
- Clean the octopus (remove the tooth and eye) separates the tentacles from the bag and cut into chunks (about 2.5cm-3cm long).
- Rinse the octopus with water and leave it in a colander to drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onions.
- Add the pieces of octopus and stir for 3′-4′.
- Add the wine and stir until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the tomato juice and the water.
- Add a little salt, pepper, oregano, cover the pot and let it boil over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Pour contents of saucepan into a large baking pan.
- If there is not enough broth, add some hot water and place the baking pan in preheated oven at 200oC.
- Once the gravy in the oven starts to boil, add penne and continue baking.
- When it starts to boil again, cover the pan with foil and turn off the stove (stirring frequently to prevent sticking).
- In 20 minutes or so penne will be drawn the broth and boil.