Stuffed peppers with risotto
- 2 red peppers (medium)
- 2 orange peppers (medium)
- 2 green peppers (medium)
- 1 large orange bell pepper (cut into cubes)
- 1-2 onions (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tomato (minced)
- 1 cup candied rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 0.5 cup vegetable broth
- olive oil
- 1 cup grated graviera (or parmesan)
TIP: You don’t have to use salt in this recipe because you use graviera or parmesan that is a salted cheese.
- Cut carefully the top of the peppers and remove seeds.
- In a saucepan put a little olive oil and wait to warm up.
- Add the onions, sliced pepper, curry, rice, tomatoes, vegetable broth, water and stir.
- Cover the saucepan and let it boil in medium heat until it is absorbed almost all the water (remember to stir frequently).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add some pepper and the cheese and stir.
- Fill peppers with the mixture.
- Cover the peppers with its lids, sprinkle with some olive oil, and bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes, until peppers are cooked.
- Serve hot.